Saturday, August 29, 2009

not too mysterious.....

Deuteronomy 30:11

For this commandment which I command you today is not too mysterious for you, nor is it far off. Is is not in heaven that you should say, 'Who will ascend into heaven for is and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?'Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, 'Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?' But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.

vs. 19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore CHOOSE LIFE, that both you and your descendants may live; THAT YOU MAY LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD, THAT YOU MAY OBEY HIS VOICE, AND THAT YOU MAY CLING TO HIM, FOR HE IS YOUR LIFE AND THE LENGTH OF YOUR DAYS......

What would that look like if we truly loved the Lord whole-heartedly clung to Him and Him alone- not false comforts- or even just being comfortable where we are at in general......And truly set our sights on HIM ONLY- we would have such fullness in life- when challenges would come our way- we could still say - I count it ALL JOY- even trials and tribulations- because our joy would be in HIM our comfort in HIM our everything in HIM- let us be not only hearers of the would but doers!

1 comment:

Ryan Rogers said...

I would like to make a comment :)

As your husband I wish to say that I am extremely honored to be mentioned and have a photo on the blog of the most beautiful, amazing, and inspiring woman, and most importantly, a woman who fears ADONAI! I love reading your thoughts and seeing love, wisdom, and revelation poured out for all to see, and not to mention a few yummy and most edifying recipes :)

I love you Rosie Rogers, I'm so proud of you, and I can't wait for more to come....