Friday, October 1, 2010

From nutmeg to meal planning

I don't suppose any of you remember this time last year I went through this crazy "pumpkin spice" phase and literally added it to everything!!?? Well right now the new thing for me in NUTMEG! It's amazing in banana honey smoothies, great in cheerios with soy milk and honey- even on roasted acorn squash and quinoa!- that recipe is on it's way!

........now to meal planning

I love pulling out old recipes and spicing things up. Every week right before I hit the shops to buy my grocery's, I plan- first I write down each store I go to- e.g KTA, Costco, fruit markets. I have cash set aside for the month for the markets.
Then once a week I do my shop- Typically I only go to KTA once for the bigger shop- then do dairy stock up the other weeks (like more yoghurt etc.)

I try do one larger creative meal monday that keeps for leftovers for either Tuesday or wednesday night then on the other night that we didn't have it we do simple- like frozen Annies organic meal from Costco such as the enchilada's then add a salad.

Thursday night is at base or a quick bite out.

Friday- again a creative yummy meal for shabbat- like a crockpot

Saturday & Sunday is flexible for company or we BBQ!

So, not sure how that would help anyone but maybe is a motivation for some. Also- always stick to the items on your shopping list as you have already pre planned your meals and make a note of what you were going to get to pick up for next time. Think out of the box- go asian one night then Thai towards the end of the week!

COOK HAPPY!!!




No comments: