Friday, July 3, 2009

Delicious Black Bean vege burgers- photo to come!


I wanted to have a little adventure tonight so I thought it would be fun to make some burgers to grill at the beach- so our little family packed up our gear and headed to the beach late this arvo- it was perfect- we took our little grill and grilled it up! Naomi got to ride in her red wagon too! :)
Oh I know I don't have pics to match with the blog yet- I'm still working on that! :)


2 C black beans
1 Tbs olive oil
1/2 C chopped onion
1/2 C chopped red bell pepper
1/2 C corn
2 Tbs minced garlic
1/4 C chopped cilantro
1/2 C breadcrumbs
2 Tbs mexican seasoning
1 tsp chili powder
salt to taste

Saute onion, red bell pepper & garlic with seasonings
mash beans combine with corn, breadcrumbs, cilantro & olive oil
mix in sautéed vege's

form into 1/2 inch thick patties & fry on medium heat flipping until browed or grill on medium heat on BBQ

Spread hamburger bun with avocado & dash of lime & salt
Add lettece, tomato & cheese

YUM!


1 comment:

Britney said...

This recipe sounds incredible! I can't wait to try it, Rosie! Keep them coming! :)